The Women Veterans Health Care Program is an integral part of the VA Northwest Health Network. We pay special attention to women Veterans with a focus on health promotion, disease prevention and management, and the emotional well-being of women veterans.
Women Veterans who have received an honorable or general under honorable discharge from the military may be eligible for care. Usually there is no charge to receive care for a service-connected disability if you have CHAMPVA or if your income is below a certain amount. A DD-214 or VA medical card from any VA Medical Center will be necessary at the time of registration.
Network-wide Women Veterans Services Points of Contact
- Alaska VA Health Care System
- Boise VA Medical Center
- VA Portland Health Care System
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- VA Roseburg Healthcare System
- Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center - Spokane, WA
- Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center - Walla Walla, WA
- Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC) - White City, OR
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.