Healthy Living Updates
Check out the newest Healthy Living Newsletter and find information and resources on staying healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Staying Active While Staying Safe
- Food Insecurity
- Your Mental Health
- Sleep and Your Health
- and more!
The VA Northwest Health Network has updated the Healthy Living Resource Guide. Use this guide to access online and phone app resources for a wide range of health topics from weight management, quitting tobacco, physical activity, mental health, women’s health, and so much more!
May’s Healthy Living Message is: Be Physically Active.
Healthy Living Message:
- Check your facilities webpage for a local events calendar
Online / Phone App Resources:
- Yoga Videos series that focus on whole health and chronic pain
- Be Physically Activity quick whiteboard video
- Get Fit for Life DVD for Veterans now on YouTube: aerobic, strength, balance, and stretching videos targeted to beginners.
- Go4Life exercise guides and videos on strength, stretching, and balance for healthy aging
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- USDA MyPlate: Physical Activity
- National Institute on Aging: articles and more on Physical Activity and Healthy Aging
COVID CoachCovid Coach is a phone application for managing stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Designed for Veterans, Servicemembers, and anyone affected by the pandemic.
- Learn ways to improve your well-being during this global pandemic
- Use trackers for mental health and personal goals
- Find tools for coping and self-care
- Follow links to additional resources
Learn more on the National Center for PTSD website.